About the position
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Employment Duration: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Center for Comparative Medicine (CCM) supports the animal oversight and research needs of all investigators utilizing animals in their research and teaching at Baylor College of Medicine. The Director of Animal Care (Husbandry, Rodent Main Campus) serves a critical function in support of excellent animal care and welfare within the context of BCM's highly successful biomedical research program and will provide research support to scientists through the development and maintenance of optimum laboratory animal facilities and services. CCM provides husbandry, veterinary care, training, and study support for all animals at Baylor. The Director of Animal Care, Husbandry will provide strategic leadership and management across various animal facilities to support the research mission. The Director will report to the Executive Director of CCM to provide guidance, and develop policies and procedures to assure compliance with the USDA and Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare at National Institutes of Health – NIH (OLAW) regulations and AAALAC.
This position is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus.
– Oversees the management and operations of two CCM animal facilities, affiliated satellites, and animal care staff.
– Works with Directors of Animal Care, Senior Managers, and Director of the Business Office to oversee and schedule maintenance of animal care facilities and all animal care equipment to ensure proper maintenance, sanitation, and operation.
– Serves as a member of CCM’s Executive Leadership team.
– Directs Sr. Manager and manager of animal care facilities to ensure proper inventory, care, feeding and delivery of animals, sanitation of equipment and facilities and procurement and storage of supplies.
– Supports and mentors Sr. Manager and managers in personnel matters, performance and all HR related matters, evaluations, and training and development initiatives.
– Ensures that animal care related procedures meet applicable laws, guidelines, and standards.
– Participates in IACUC inspections, AAALAC site visits, and other regulatory visits.
– Produces regular reports…
(For more position details, please access the link posted under "How to Apply").
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine
How to Apply:
Please use link below to apply for Baylor College of Medicine's Director Animal Care position 17156. More details on the position, such as Complete Job Duties, Minimum Qualifications, Job Specific Criteria and Preferred Qualifications, can be accessed through the link below.