About the position
Assists in assessing training needs, using surveys, interviews, focus groups, or communications with ACS leadership.
Utilizes off-the-shelf or previously developed curricula or materials in support of training objectives.
Participates in training facilitation via stand-up presentation, technical demonstration, audio or video presentations, or group discussion.
Assists in evaluating training effectiveness and achievement of learning outcomes.
Coordinates scheduling of classes, room assignments, and participant assignments.
Confirm enrollment in various classes and enrollment eligibility.
Organizes training materials and environments, including spaces, equipment, handouts, presentations, or other visuals.
Operates audio-visual or other equipment.
Assists in developing new courses or training initiatives.
Provide AALAS classes at the ALAT and LAT levels. Promote AALAS certification and career development.
Identify and coordinate with technical staff to provide training in specific fields.
Transition didactic materials from traditional lecture style to web-based training modules, including online training module design and maintenance.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certified veterinary or husbandry technician with LATG certification
• Lab manager with animal research experience
• At least five years of work experience in an academic animal research environment
• Previous experience with training
• Program development, implementation and management skills
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with wide variety/diverse range of people
• Strong organization skills
• Extremely detailed oriented and thorough
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
University of Florida
How to Apply: