About the position
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Research in the College of Science and Mathematics (CSAM), the Vivarium Director will manage all aspects of the Vivarium facility including daily operations, ensuring the highest standards of animal care, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory and oversight agencies, assisting researchers with the development of protocols, training researchers and ensuring strict adherence to all aspects of approved Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocols conducted in the facility, oversight of staff and student workers, oversight of Vivarium equipment and physical facilities, and providing leadership to grow the facility’s usage and research portfolio.
For full job description see https://montclair.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/JobOpportunities/job/Montclair-NJ/Vivarium-Director_R1001570
* Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Animal Science, or other related field closely allied with laboratory animal research.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience working with laboratory animals.
* A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience including management of laboratory animal facilities, including daily operations, personnel supervision, and financial management.
* Extensive knowledge of laboratory animal handling, research techniques, and knowledge of a variety of animal models of disease.
* AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) or Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) level, or equivalent experience.
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* More than 3 years of leadership experience within a laboratory animal organization.
* Experience preparing laboratory animal protocols and laboratory facility SOPs.
* Experience with animal research.
* Experience training researchers in animal care and research techniques.
Montclair State University
How to Apply:
Applicants should please submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references to our application website:
The cover letter should describe the applicant’s background, education, and professional experience and how it meets the needs of the University, the College of Science and Mathematics, and the Vivarium facility.