About the position
Oversees the daily operations of one or more animal research facilities.
• Ensures adherence to standard operating procedures and industry standards.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Maintains adequate inventory of feed, bedding, and supplies to support facility operations.
• Interacts and coordinates with veterinary staff to assure health and welfare of animals.
• Reviews, analyzes, and interprets health monitoring results and implements necessary course of action.
• Maintains and provides reports on facility function, personnel issues, inventory, data collection, and room/animal logs and record.
• Supervises animal care staff.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Four years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
• Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). Certification must be obtained within one year of hire or promotion.
Baylor College of Medicine
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to Job Requisition #2250 at https://jobs.bcm.edu