About the position
This position consists of routine animal caretaking duties and cage wash activities
• Feeding & watering animals according to their prescribed diets
• Observing animals regularly during the day, noting & reporting variances in eating, drinking or deviation from normal habits to include obvious health issues to Vivarium Manager.
• Observing & reporting changes in environmental parameters (i.e., temperature, humidity, lighting, etc.)
• Assisting in maintaining records of animals, such as entry of date of birth or death.
• Cleans & sterilizes cages, equipment, supplies, rooms
• Prepares refuse for disposal or incineration
• Maintains efficient organization & flow through cage wash area.
• Monitors & maintains cage washer in proper working condition
• Utilizes PPE when changing/cleaning cages
• Operates the cage wash and boiler
• Delivers clean and/or dirty cages to and from cage wash as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• Attends RI training sessions
• ALAT (Associate Laboratory Animal Technician) certification from AALAS preferred.
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
• Requires the ability to lift up to 35 lbs and push/move heavy racks a short distance.
• Requires the ability to bend, kneel, and/or squat.
• The fitting and donning of a disposable N-95 respiratory mask is required for certain procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
• One location
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
• Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
The Roskamp Institute, Inc
How to Apply:
Please contact Dr. Stefan Crynen via email